Thursday, December 30, 2010

Back to Life

So I'm back online. I'd faded away from my own domain (the now defunct beijingbostonian.com) because 1) I'm lazy and 2) I'd become content with posting pithy tweets and short paragraphs to go along with links on Facebook. Incidentally, most of my old blog posts live on in my Facebook notes archive. If you're my friend, you can check them out here.

Recently I've found myself trying to squeeze more and more into those Facebook posts and in the process taking up and ever-growing amount of real estate on my friends' feeds. I'm getting the writing bug again and I need to do some more in-depth posts where I can figure stuff out. There are a lot of plans in the works for me this year and I want to make sure that I track it all and I have found that blogging is a great way to do that- kinda like a diary except way more narcissistic. Had it not been for my blog back in 2008-2009 I am sure that I would not have such clear memories of the whirlwind Beijing Olympics, or the non-stop party that was my first year living here.

Life moves pretty fast here in Beijing, and if the famous movie were made today Ferris Bueller might have chided his viewers to blog about it rather than just stop and look around.

1 comment: